Saturday, May 18, 2013

Diabetes Blog Week - Day 6: Diabetes Art

I must admit when I saw the topic for today I figured I'd be doing a wildcard today.   I have not an ounce of artistic talent when it comes to drawing, painting or craftiness.  But then I remembered the sign my sweet girl made for our door for the month of November and thought I'd share a photo of that.  She did everything but the ribbon as first because she used stick-on letters.  Then came a very windy, tornado-warning type day and the canvas blew off the door and landed in the yard leaving a scattering of letters on the porch and in the grass.  So I stenciled new letters on with paint.  This took me a ridiculous amount of time, due to the aforementioned lack of talent.
 This is the original, all done by my sweet girl.  She started with a plain white canvas.  Stick-on letters and stick-on flowers around the border.
And this is the refurbished version.  The flowers came off, too, so I painted dots in their place.
 
 
Happy Weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Hats off to you and your daughter, these are lovely! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats wonderful! You are clearly both more talented than you believe. I think making a sign for diabetes awareness in November is wonderful and I encourage my kids to do the same.

    ReplyDelete